- "Camp was the experience I needed after cancer. It was a way to be on even levels with people that share the same struggles/experience in life and be able to just have fun and not be the outcast in certain situations." – Lakeshow
Boards of Hope
July 11, 10:00 am-08:00 pm
Boards of Hope is a project that brings artists and the boards we ride together for an empowering display of art, healing, and action sports.
Boards of Hope began from the hospital bed of 19-year old Scott Farman, fighting for his life with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia.
Scott turned to art for emotional release & when confined in the hospital. In the process, Scott created powerful works of art that today remain his legacy and inspiration for others to find healing through art & the outdoors. Scott's legacy continues today in our survivorship camps with an art studio for participants' to express own personal journey with cancer.
2015 Boards of Hope is seeking Artists for 2015 submissions!
Professional artsits are invited to submit works. Please email tonia @ athletes4cancer.org for more info.
The Boards of Hope Exhibit & Auction
Recycle a board, repurpose it, and transform it into a work of art. This is Boards of Hope! Download or share the Boards of Hope flyer here.
Boards are exhibited at, and auctioned off at Kiteboarding 4 Cancer Saturday, July 12th for The Camp Koru Young Survivorship Program. Athletes 4 Cancer invites fighters, survivors, those touched by cancer, and artists of all mediums to submit entries for Boards of Hope. Funds raised from BOH will benefit A4C cancer advocacy, prevention, and survivorship programs Camp Koru, Ambassadors and Life Coach.
We welcome all artists!
Submit your board by June 26th. Check art specs below. Please submit questions and submissions to tonia @ athletes4cancer.org.
- Artists must obtain their own recycled boards and art supplies to create board.
- NO standup paddleboards or windsurf boards.
- Complete the Board Submission Form.
- Finished piece must be sealed with a protective and archival sealant
- Boards are not intended to be ridden after artwork
- Artists are encouraged to use acrylics, acrylic paint pens, sharpies and collage mediums.
- Works must be completed and delivered by June 26th.
- Shipping to Hood River is paid by artist, however we will make attempts to meet you in Portland to pick up art.
- All submissions are donations to Athletes 4 Cancer and will be auctioned off at Kiteboarding 4 Cancer’s Live Auction at the Hood River Event Site Saturday, July 11th.