Current Volunteer Opportunities
July 12-14 Kiteboarding 4 Cancer Volunteers
KB4C is our primary fundraising event that allows us to put on our camps. We need help in the following areas for this year's event:
General volunteers needed during event:
Auction Co-Coordinator:The Auction Co-Coordinator will assist the Coordinator with procuring items from established & new supporters for the silent auction. This position starts in May and requires full availability July 12th & 13th. Additional responsibilities include:
• Helping maintain a database of item donors
• Helps coordinate pick-up or delivery of the donated items
• Helps with bidder registration forms & bidder sheets
• Helps collect funds & contact info from winning bidders & delivers winning item
• Helps with thank you's and certificates to donors
Boards of Hope Coordinator:The BOH Coordinator helps promote and facilitate the Boards of Hope Art Project. This position starts in April and requires full availability July 12th & 13th. Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintains a database of art donors
• Coordinates pick-up or delivery of art
• Sets a value for the piece if not set by artist
• Creates a catalog of the items for the auction listing
• Works with the SA coordinator to integrate the art into the silent auction.
• Oversees the live auction for the boards & manages volunteers
• Collects funds & contact info from the winning bidders
• Creates & mails thank you's to art donors
The Party Coordinator will plan and facilitate the KB4C Kickoff Party on Friday night. Responsibilities include:
• Plan details of the party
• Recruit sponsors & supporters
• Work with party sponsors and partners
• Facilitiate Boards of Hope transport & display at the party
• Oversee party volunteers
• Oversee party details at the event
Race Coordinator:The Race Coordinator will direct athlete-related events at Kiteboarding 4 Cancer including the Kite Derby and The Relay Race. Additional responsibilities include:
• Manage setup of course with setup crew
• Work with athlete registrations for an easy-to-navigate athlete database for counting and and recognition.
• Facilitates & assigns safety crew on the water.
• Communicates with announcers on status of race & racers.
• Gathers & determines results and helps announce winners.
• Must be available in June for a couple pre-event meetings and over the phone.
Apply here to volunteer for one of our upcoming events.
We welcome advisors and leaders in such areas as business, marketing, finance, medical, and programs to help us develop, strengthen and sustain our organization while carrying out our mission. If you are interested in becoming an advisor or board member to A4C, please email Tonia at athletes4cancer.org.
Our Camp Koru programs run with a lean and carefully selected staff to allow for the best participant experience. Areas of volunteer need at camps include: Medical (RN cred or higher), Culinary (chefs and assistants), Logistics, Photo/Video, and Group Leaders. Participants who have attended camp may also apply to return as a staff Ambassador.
Apply here volunteer for one of our camps or ongoing programs.
Events and camps accepting volunteer applications:
Kiteboarding 4 Cancer, Paddle 4 Cancer & other A4C Events
2013 Programs in Hawaii and Oregon
A4C relies on our volunteers to help us for events and camps so that we can put our donor funds directly to our cancer programs.